During our stay in Chicago we made a trip to Nauvoo and Carthage. Knowing that we were making this trip we've been studying Church History with the boys since February. They really took to learning about the Prophet Joseph Smith and other early saints which made the trip meaningful to us all. There is such a beautiful spirit in that place and I personally loved being there and sharing that experience as a family. 
This was one of my favorite spots in Nauvoo. The statue is Joseph and Hyrum on horseback as they are about to leave Nauvoo for Carthage. This is where they stopped on top of the bluff to look one more time at the temple not yet completed.
Suzi watched the boys for us early the next morning so Nick and I could do a session in the temple. Both inside and out it is beautiful!


Brothers
Carthage Jail was our last stop before heading back to Chicago.



We went to Nauvoo before we had kids for a family reunion on Warren's side. I felt the same as you did about it. And I agree. The temple is so pretty inside and out! Glad you got to take your family. We hope to do that some day, too.
ReplyDelete