Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Obsessed

Harry Potter has taken over our house, big time! Carson has had his nose in a book nonstop the last week. And this is is 2nd time reading them. When I say "them" I mean books 1 and 2. Because he has mean, cruel parents who won't let him read all the books or see all the movies yet. He'll tell anyone who will listen how deprived he is. We made a deal he could read the 3rd book in 3rd grade, the 4th book in 4th grade and so on. Suddenly school cannot start soon enough for this soon to be 3rd grader.
And it's not just Carson, "soon to be Kindergartner" Spencer is in on the craze as well. He's a pretty good Dr. Seuss kind of reader, but he won't let that stop him. I caught him on my bedroom floor with Book 7 opened trying to sound out some words. This made me laugh and made Carson livid to see Spencer got his hands on the "Deathly Hallows" before he did. I tried to tell Spencer he needed to find some books closer to his reading level. So he made himself comfortable on the couch with Book 1 and painstakingly sounded out each word in Chapter 1 for an hour. After dinner and soccer practice he was right back at it. The funny thing is he knows just enough words and (has seen the movie) to be comprehend what he is reading. If you ask me that is some serious dedication! Who am I to stop him?

No comments:

Post a Comment